It's that time of year again where you have to find the perfect gift for the men in your life. Whether it is your brother, father, son, boyfriend or a friend who happens to be a man, choosing the right gift can be a difficult exercise. We've put this guide together to help you consider some awesome possibilities.
1. Coffee. Recommending a coffee can be like trying to recommend a bottle of wine: difficult because everyone's palates are different -and let's be honest, how you brew your coffee makes the biggest difference in the end result. That being said, I think this barrel aged coffee would be an interesting choice as a gift. Blue Bottle Coffee is always a safe bet.
2. Coffee bean grinder. The truth is I really want this grinder. Yes it might be slightly bulky but it looks amazing and does its job in a simple but perfect way. Years ago I bought the home grinder that is touted as the best non-professional grinder on the market. You know what happened? It came missing a part and it worked for 3 minutes and then refused to grind anymore beans. Do yourself a favor and get this amazing grinder instead.
3. Dry Fly Washington Wheat Whiskey. The holidays are the perfect time to sip whiskey while telling stories gathered around a crackling fireplace. Made from nothing but wheat grown in Washington state, this whiskey shows off how complex a whiskey can be with only one main ingredient.
4. Shinola Muhammed Ali Watch. This watch is amazing and was designed to honor one of the greatest boxers of our time. It might seem a bit pricey but it is handmade in the USA with a unique Argonite movement.
5. Rolex Day-Date Oyster Perpetual Watch. Although, I generally prefer vintage watches, I really like this particular watch. Most guys wear light blue dress shirts or ties that have light blue in them at least once a week, and this watch will really finish off his look with a nice touch. Besides, Rolexs have been worn by more presidents, leaders and luminaries than any other watch.
6. Herschel Passport Holder. Make his passport easy to find with this distinguished looking passport holder.
7. Ray Ban Clubmaster sunglasses. Inspired by the 50s, these sunglasses have a distinctive but unmistakable look. This model has been featured in countless motion pictures and continues to be the eyewear of choice for top celebs and tastemakers.
8. Nike Lebron XIII Lifestyle shoes. These sneakers would look equally good with a pair of dark jeans or with a pair of wool slacks. Although they also come in black and white, I am partial to the red version.
9. Furious 7. Finally released after a two year delay, this film is jam packed with action. It's fun to see all the different cars in the movie and get some resolution to information presented throughout the series. They actually launched cars out of the back of planes with parachutes and skydivers filming to help create some very memorable scenes.
10. iPhone 6 Case. I like this modern version that looks like something much heavier than it actually is. The neutral color is great because it goes with everything and has an ultra urbane sensibility.